Check out these Spring Maintenance Tips for Your Vehicle from the pros at Cliff’ CAR-TECH.
Avoid costly repairs. At Cliff’s CAR-TECH we want to keep you out of our shop as much as possible and onto enjoying the adventure of the open road.
A properly maintained vehicle will last much longer as well as go much farther than any vehicle not routinely maintained. Save money by keeping a regular proactive maintenance schedule . Reacting only when a problem arises leads to unsightly repair bills. Let’s take a proactive approach to vehicle service. Cliff’s CAR-TECH can help you maintain your vehicle all year
A few Spring Maintenance Tips from the Maintenance Pros!
- Change your oil and oil filter. Always follow the guidelines in your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Keep your engine running trouble free by maintaining the proper intervals recommended for oil and filter change. Routine Maintenance is paramount to keeping the engine running trouble free. Neglecting to replace engine oil results in poor engine performance, higher fuel consumption eventually leading severe engine damage.
- Check your fluids. Changing your oil and oil filters should always be accompanied with a fluids check. Check your power steering, brake, and transmission fluids; your windshield washer fluid; and your coolant. If the levels are low we will top them up, and flush/replace them as recommended for your vehicle.
- Replace your wiper blades. Our rainy winters can be hard on older wiper blades. Replace torn or cracked wiper blades for best results. You will need them to wash the pollen off soon.
- Check your charging system. Cold temperatures harm your battery, therefore spring is a good time to have it tested. Keeping it properly maintained throughout the year results in longer life. Keep your battery mounted securely with clean, tight and corrosion free connections to optimize your battery power..
- Check your belts and hoses. Cold temperatures can harden and/or damage rubber, so it’s important to check your belts and hoses for damage when spring comes. Check your hoses for hardening, softening, leaking, cracks, blistering, or other visual damage. Check your belts for looseness, cracks, frays, or glazing. Maintenance on all these parts are important. When you replace a belt check the tension-er and pulleys to ensure proper fit.
- Check your filters. Your car has a number of filters that are important to its longevity and should be replaced regularly. Check your engine air filter, your cabin air filter, and your fuel filter for damage or clogging.
Make vehicle maintenance a priority this spring to protect yourself and prolong the life of your vehicle!.